photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

LDV Top 10: Kitchen Pendant Lights

9cc1d6fe376c9199a93d4597eaf91bd2[2]
{A Pair of Grosvenor Pendants by Visual Comfort & Co. hang in this lovely kitchen via Better Homes & Gardens}
I think most design lovers seem to have certain elements of interior design that they are especially passionate about whether it’s textiles, art, seating, or in my case, lighting. I have a special weakness for beautiful lighting (and chairs!) and feel very strongly about the importance of great lighting in a space. Like jewelry, it is the finishing touch that brings everything together and makes a design feel complete. Lighting serves many purposes—ambient, architectural, and task. In the kitchen, it especially serves all of these purposes and acts as the jewelry of the room. Below, I’ll share a few examples of beautiful kitchens with fantastic lighting as well as my “Top 10” list for kitchen pendants that are stylish, versatile, and will stand the test of time.
27fa9b7567ca67db444d3f509be772c2[1]
{A Pair of Goodman Hanging Lamps are perched over the island in this kitchen from Woodlands Lifestyles & Homes. Notice the Caged Lanterns nearby.}
40358b6fda65b5d109b520fc55d94f6c[1]
{This kitchen by Mary McDonald features a pair of Large Country Industrial Pendants and a Modern Globe Pendant over the breakfast table.}
c0f1ab77315e83260e13b6974a3a9e79[1]
{A Pair of Hicks Pendants were selected for this classic kitchen featured in Style at Home.}
image
image
 
image

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i have crystal tear drop pendants - but these are some lookers! - maybe when i get my basement kitchen installed one of these will go down there

Unknown said...

Love this post

Dawna Jones Design said...

I still am over the top for those Goodman lights, especially in the white and gold!!!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Hannah said...

I love it all. The hicks pendant is always a favorite of mine.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Katy | Kate Decorates said...

I'd love to have each and every one of these pendants. Beautiful!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

These are some of my favorites!

Unknown said...

These are all so beautiful! I too have a weakness for lighting. I would have to say the Hicks Pendant is my all-time fave.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

The Hicks has always held my heart but I am in love with #6! The gold interior is to die for!

Kitchen Pendant Lighting said...

They have their own equal beauty and each kitchen pendant lights deserves a spot. But one this is for sure, it will make or break its beauty depends on where you are placing it. Nice list.